Laser Therapy In Johns Creek
What is Laser Therapy in Johns Creek?
Pain Relieving LASER Therapy is also known as photobiomodulation. It entails the use of specific wavelengths of light to generate a photochemical response to help repair damaged or dysfunctional tissue.
How does Laser Therapy work in Johns Creek?
The pain relieving LASER works by creating an increase of blood supply, bringing in oxygen to the cells. It stimulates the lymphatic system, pulling swelling and inflammation from the area. The body’s basic unit of energy, ATP (Adenosine triphosphate), production is stimulated in the cells helping them have the energy to function normally. The pain reflex is broken, offering immediate relief of pain.
LASER therapy can alleviate pain, reduce inflammation and accelerate recovery from a wide range of acute and chronic clinical conditions. Significant reduction in swelling has been noted as well as tissues are better able to move fluids out through lymphatic drainage pathways.
Cleared by the FDA in 2003, Class IV LASER therapy has become standard of care for many musculoskeletal injuries. Class IV LASERs can penetrate over 4 inches into the deep musculoskeletal tissue. The number of treatments required depends on the nature of the problem and the length of time the patient has been affected by it. Some conditions may be resolved with as few as one treatment. However, chronic and/or deep-seated conditions may take as many as 10 treatments.
Pain relieving LASER therapy technology has been recently endorsed by professional organizations such as the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), World Health Organization (WHO) and International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP). There are no known side effects from LASER therapy and the results are long lasting.
Conditions Treated by Laser Therapy in Johns Creek
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Back and Neck Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Myofascical Trigger Points
- Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Sprains, Strains
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Chondromalacia Patellae
- Plantar Fascitis
- Degenerative Joint Conditions
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Osteoarthritis (OA)
- Neurogenic Pain
- Herpes Zoster (Shingles)
- Post-traumatic Injury
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Diabetic Neuropathy
Benefits of LASER Therapy
- Biostimulation including improved metabolism & increased cell metabolism
- Improved blood circulation and vasodilatation (blood supply)
- Analgesic (pain relieving) effect
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous effects
- Acceleration of tissue repair and wound healing
- Relieves acute and chronic pains
- Increases the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair
- Increases blood supply
- Stimulates the immune system
- Stimulates and improves nerve function
- Develops collagen and muscle tissue
- Helps generate new and healthy cells and tissue
- Promotes faster wound healing and clot formation
- Reduces inflammation
- Angiogenesis (improved circulation)
- Reduction in fibrous tissue (scar tissue) formation
- Releases Nitric Oxide
- Increase ATP Production
- Increase Fibroblast Migration
- Increase Macrophage Activity
- Increase Keratinocyte Activity
- Increase RNA DNA Synthesis
- Increase Enzyme Production
- Increase SOD Production
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
“Very conveniently located, excellent staff, they offer laser treatment for pain management. I came due to chronic back pain and carpal tunnel. I am feeling much better after a few weeks of therapy. Marc the owner is very personable, funny yet very informative in letting you know what’s going on with your ailments and shows you the how, the what and the exercises to improve your condition. It is not a very big facility but it is well organized and quite pleasant, you rarely have to wait. They’re also very accommodating with scheduling.”
“Johns Creek Physical Therapy helped me overcome a nerve injury on my hip with their laser treatment, it shortened my healing time in half.
Then I recommended my 82 year old mother to them after she experienced a fall. They helped her get back her balance!
Mom worked with David, she felt he was very professional, knowledgeable and that she gained her balance back with him.
Holly at the front desk always has a warm welcome waiting for you!
Marc, David and Beth, thank you so much!”
“It really is a lot better!”
“Amazing! Never seen anything like it. Unbelievable!”
“Deep Tissue Laser Therapy gets a better result sooner and faster and makes people faster and better.”